Baked Oysters with Tomato, Parsley and Asiago Cheese
24 freshly shucked oyster in the half shell
- 5 or 6 ripe tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup parsley, finely chopped
- 2 or 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 lemon, juiced
- salt, white pepper and hot sauce, to taste
- 3/4 cup Asiago cheese, grated
- Combine all the topping ingredients except the Asiago cheese. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 450 F (230 C)
- Place the oysters on a large baking sheet. Place a generous spoonful of topping on each oyster.
- Sprinkle Asiago cheese on top.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until nicely browned.
Serve immediately. Enjoy!